03.10.2009

Another week gone by.






Wow. This week I was sort of thrust back into the working world, and I must say that it feels pretty good! I need to start remembering to pack a lunch for work though. Eating out all the time is such a drag.

We did manage to get some fun stuff done this week. Today Germany is celebrating it's reunification and over the course of the weekend a French theater company has been depicting a reunification story throughout the city, called Riesen in Berlin (Giants in Berlin). It's pretty amazing considering the actors are two enourmous marionettes traveling throughout the city with the help of crane-like contraptions, tons of people pulling their strings, and other props likes boats, bikes and diving equipment.

Last night we went to see Kiss Me Kate at the Komische Oper. All I can say is that it was full of cowboys and glitter and pretty entertaining. Highlight: you can view subtitles on the back of the seat in front of you.

I'm finally starting to see some fall colours around Berlin, and it's getting mighty cold. I even wore gloves while biking around this morning. After we saw Riesen in Berlin, we stopped by the Neue National Gallerie and saw the new Thomas Demand show.

I've put some projects aside for the last couple of weeks while I get into work mode... and I'm hoping to have time to get back into them soon. I don't like having so much stuff on my to do list, and it just seems to keep growing. I'm hoping that this week I'll finish a scarf that I've been working on for the past year. And maybe even work on a bag project that I've been thinking about for awhile. Oh sewing... how I miss you.

I'm pretty excited to get into the new issue of Cut magazine (that I just stumbled upon in the museum book shop). This is one of the best sewing magazines that I've seen, and I'm happy that I can now understand German so that I can enjoy it.

Nothing much is planned for the rest of the weekend. I might check out a craft fair in Neukölln tomorrow. Otherwise we're just laying low.

Happy weekend all.

2 Kommentare: