19.10.2009

The weekend.




Oh brother. Bureaucratic stuff is dragging me down. I shouldn't complain too much though... I'm sure that there are people out there that have it way worse than I do. My latest experience is with private health insurance. I swear that I'll never do it again as it is almost impossible to get them to pay for anything. Ugh.

On the other hand we had a lovely weekend here in Berlin. It was rainy and super cold but we ended up getting our social activities on.

I saw a Herlinde Koelbl photo exhibit with a friend at Martin Gropius Bau.

We went to an Egyptian-themed show at Basso including a crazy/messy burial performance. I had a conversation that got me into watching 21 Jump Street again. And... I ran into an old co-worker of mine from Toronto. Who knew. Us Toronto folk are all over this Berlin connection.

Saturday I didn't set one foot outside. It drove me a little crazy but I got some quality relaxing done.

Last night we saw Julie & Julia. It made me want to cook... and cook and cook. Afterwards we enjoyed an amazing dinner at Felix Austria in Kreuzberg. The food was amazing, very Austrian, and not over the top expensive. Go there if you have the chance. The atmosphere was sweet and old school. We were just sad that we didn't have any room left to split a Kaiserschmarmm.

Happy monday.

1 Kommentar:

  1. We never thought we'd find a place where we belong.
    Don't have to stand alone, we'll never let you fall.
    Don't need permission to decide what you believe.

    I said jump, down on Jump Street.
    I said jump, down on Jump Street.

    Your friends will be there when your back is to the wall.
    You'll find you'll need us cause there's no one else to call.
    When it was hopeless a decision is what you need.

    You'd better be ready to, be ready to jump.
    21 Jump Street.

    AntwortenLöschen