21.02.2010

Laundry day.


Today is laundry day around here. I kind of love having my clothes hanging all over the house, drying. We don't have a clothes dryer, and haven't really used one for years. I've come to love the crisp feeling of clothes that are hung dried. I really miss having an outdoor space to dry our clothes.

It's beautiful in Berlin. Still a little bit cold. But the sky is blue. It feels like a day to open all the windows and get a little spring cleaning done.

I'm happy to report that I finished a sewing project that I have been thinking about since last fall. It's a present for some friends of ours so I'll have to post some photos later so as not to ruin the surprise. I can hardly keep it in!

I've just finished reading my first German book. Maybe I'm a little too excited about this feat. I started reading a couple of books in German last year, eventually became bored and abandoned them. My new goal is to read 10 German books this year... I only have nine more to go. This week I picked up a crime novel by Swedish writer Henning Mankell, of course it is translated into German. I like crime films but don't tend to read so many crime novels. I have to admit that the "who done it" aspect keeps me interested. This book has started out a bit brutally so we'll see if i can bear to stick with it. I would imagine that it won't get any more graphic than reading Cormac McCarthy.

Happy Sunday.

3 Kommentare:

  1. I can't wait to see what you sewed!

    Thank you so much for the Frankfurt tips! That is so helpful. Geoff is very grateful! Always nice to have a starting off point.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. That's so sweet... thanks Southern Hostess!

    I also want to post my finished project now. I hope I'm not building it up to be something amazing. It's just fun stuff. I also hope that Geoff will be able to make it to Portico. It never disappoints.

    AntwortenLöschen