22.09.2009

Absence...






... makes the heart grow fonder, no? I have been a bad bad girl at updating here. It's been a crazy few weeks and I've hardly had the time to keep up with my correspondence. It's job hunting time and it's really consumed me.

We have managed to get out and have a little fun... what have we been doing? We went out for drinks with some friends this weekend, ended up seeing some Canadian Musician in Berlin at Studio Upstream in Weißensee (I wanted to link it but can't find their website). It was the first time that I have seen Kim Barlow and Veda Hille. I have to say that it was well worth the 45 minute bike ride to get to the show. Such lovely and talented ladies! I was a little overwhelmed with feelings of being Canadian which probably heightened the experience for me. You see I've been a little homesick lately and I think that it has to do with missing the fall weather back home. It's my favourite time of year and it's just not the same in Berlin. That said, it's been really nice getting a little taste of home here.

Last night we went to a small private bar where our friend Michelle was DJing. Usually I don't go out so late on a weeknight but fall is calling for a lot of social activity and I intend not to disappoint.

I have not yet made it to the Bauhaus exhibition but will hopefully do that soon... like this weekend. Last week I did manage to get to the Pergamon Museum for a couple of hours and check out the amazing Pergamon Altar and the Ishtar Gate. Usually I'm not so into this stuff but they are just so huge and amazing... and the museum provides lots of space for you to sit in huge sunlit rooms to just take it all in. It's a very nice experience.

This week I'm going to try and stop by the Altes Museum (Ancient and Egyptian artifacts) because I have a pass and it's worth it to see absolutely everything I can. I have to start making it a weekly ritual again. Oh Berlin, why do you have such amazing museums. Share them with the rest of the world... especially Toronto!

Ok I've managed to write too much again. Happy Tuesday.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen